Quote

If a cluttered desk signs a cluttered mind, Of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?

-- Albert Einstein

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Are you lagging behind?

Today I virtually spend the whole day facing my PC monitor in the office since my classes are having a break and I have plenty things to do that needs my loyal PC's help. Of course, while I am working the emails, IM chats etc keep coming and going. And I find myself "googling" and "wikiing" once in a while to get some info.

Google, wikipedia, emails, MSN, sms, mobile phones (or cell phones, or hand phones, what ever you call them), iPods, digital photos, P2P, broadband, LAN, youtube... etc. Most of these words never existed 10 years ago. Now it is integrated into our everyday lives. It has slowly become a necessity in life just like electric light, telephone, TV, the fridge, washing machine.

The advancement of technology is at an exponential speed of growth that would overwhelm us if we are not careful. We are called to be the steward of God's creation on Earth. We have to learn to use these technology efficiently, ethically, to the benefit of mankind and God pleasing way.

No comments: